Annual Benefit Weekend
Calling All Crows got its start eight years ago with the first Annual Benefit Weekend show at the Brattle Theatre in Cambridge raising funds to launch CAC as a non-profit organization focusing on women's rights. The Annual Benefit Weekend has become an event to look forward to every year as a celebration of music, service, activism and community, thank those who have invested in and support Calling All Crows, and meet new friends that want to know more about our work. CAC also takes this moment to recognize the recipient of the Lauzie Award.
Friday, December 19
- Music & Lecture Series: Friday's Music & Lecture Series is hosted by Chad and Sybil at their home and always a great way to learn more about different social issues and catch some great music. This year's topic will include updates on our Forced to Flee tour and the ongoing humanitarian crisis in Syria. CAC's December Music & Lecture Series has become an annual treat itself and a great way to kick off the weekend's party! Tickets are $50 and can be purchased online.
Saturday, December 19
- Service with IMEC: We'll be returning to the International Medical Equipment Collaborative (IMEC) for Saturday morning's service project. IMEC's mission is to transform impoverished communities around the world by providing equipment solutions for health care, agriculture, and education projects in developing countries.
Activities will include preparing, organizing, and packing equipment to be sent to areas of need. The service project will begin at 9:30am and end at 1:00pm. A light breakfast will be provided during registration/orientation and transportation to/from Boston is available. You can register for the project here.
- Annual Benefit Weekend Concert: The main event! It's been an awesome eight years and we're so excited to celebrate with you at the Paradise Rock Club. The lineup for this year's concert features Chadwick Stokes, Matt Embree (RX Bandits), Bonnie Paine (Elephant Revival), The Parkington Sisters, & more. Tickets can be purchased online.
- VIP tickets: There will be a pre-show VIP reception with a short program about Calling All Crows and an acoustic set by Chad, as well as a silent auction featuring items from Tory Burch, the Boston Red Sox, Boston Bruins, and concert tickets from multiple Boston venues. The reception begins at 5pm, a short program will start at approximately 5:45pm, refreshments will be provided. VIP tickets must be purchased online beforehand.
- General admission: GA ticket holders can learn more about our work by stopping by the Calling All Crows table, and purchasing raffle tickets or bidding on silent auction items--we'll have concert tickets, signed merchandise and gift certificates up for grabs!
Proceeds from the weekend support Calling All Crows' mission of partnering with musicians and fans to create change through hands-on service and activism, with a specific interest in promoting women's rights.